2023 Senior Scholarship
2023 Senior Scholarship Information
Byron Nelson High School PTSA offers scholarship(s), as permitted by the approved budget, to graduating Byron Nelson High School Seniors who will be enrolled in an accredited college or university or a technical/vocational institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following his/her high school graduation. Funds for the scholarships come from Byron Nelson High School PTSA membership fees, fundraising, and community sponsorships.
Purpose of Scholarship
The purpose is to support Byron Nelson High School students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship Committee will consider service and participation in school activities, community involvement and scholastic merit.
• Applicant must attend Byron Nelson High School their Senior year and graduate
• Applicant must be a member of the Byron Nelson High School PTSA. Applicant’s name must be on the membership list by the scholarship deadline (Join online at www.joinPTA.org. Annual dues are $10).
• Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college or university or a technical/vocational institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following his/her high school graduation.
• A completed application and required documents must be received by 4 pm on April 28, 2023 to be eligible for consideration.
In order to qualify the applicant must complete and submit the following:
• Byron Nelson High School PTSA Senior Scholarship Application form (one page)
• Applicant's resume detailing school activities, recognition/awards, community service and work experience (see sample on page 3)
• A copy of official high school transcript (signed by the Registrar)
• A 300 - 500 word essay typed double-spaced using Times New Roman 12 pt. font. In the essay, discuss the following question and include several supporting examples: How has the PTA/PTSA impacted your school involvement, experience and personal development?
• Submit all documents & application in a sealed envelope. Please mark the envelope “BNHS PTSA Scholarship” and submit to the BNHS Counseling office by 4:00 p.m. on April 28, 2023.
Selection and Notification
• Selection is made by a Selection Panel and processed by the Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be acknowledged during the Senior Royal Awards ceremony.
• Applicant(s) chosen to receive a BNHS PTSA Senior Scholarship must submit a copy of their acceptance letter from the educational institution to the Byron Nelson High School PTSA by June 1,2023.
• Upon receipt, a check for the scholarship amount will be sent directly to the educational institution. In the event the recipient receives a scholarship covering full tuition and fees from another source, the Senior Scholarship will be presented to an alternate student selected by the committee.
Please click here if you would like to donate to our scholarship fund.
***All entries submitted to Byron Nelson High School PTSA become the property of Byron Nelson High School PTSA and will not be returned. All decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.***